For expert advice contact us:

tel: 0141 333 6750

Request a callback
  1. Your name(*)
    Please let us know your name.
  2. Your phone number(*)
    Please let us know your phone number.
  3. Anti - Spam Verification
    Anti - Spam Verification Invalid Input
  4. Invalid Input

Blog Latest

Civil Partnerships

The Civil Partnership Act 2004 allows same sex couples to obtain recognition of their relationship under law. This act applies throughout the whole of the United Kingdom but there are parts of it which have particular relevance if you live in Scotland.

Registering a civil partnership involves 'giving notice' to your local Registrar stating that you wish to register a civil partnership. This gives the couple legal rights similar to those enjoyed by married couples relating to:

  • tax
  • employment benefits
  • pensions
  • child maintenance
  • parental responsibility for civil partner's children
  • access to accident compensation and insurance
  • protection from domestic violence
  • immigration rights

If you are considering a civil partnership, you would undoubtedly benefit from expert advice from experienced family law solicitors. Contact us on 0141 333 6750.