Dallas McMillan's Glasgow Lawyers' Blog
Contact us today for legal advice from our expert lawyers.
Reported road casualties Great Britain
- For reported road accidents in the year ending March 2012; 1,870 people were killed, a 1% drop from the year ending March 2011 (1,881).
- However the number of people killed or seriously injured rose to 25,210, a 1% increase compared to the year ending March 2011 (24,849).
- Overall for year ending March 2012; there were 202,980 reported road casualties (slight, serious injuries and fatalities), which is 3% less than the year ending March 2011.
- Total reported child casualties (ages 0-15) fell by 3%, from 19,784 to 19,130 with those killed or seriously injured down 2% (2,460), compared with the previous 12 month period.
- Road injury accidents reported to the police fell by 2% (to 150,810) while fatal accidents fell by less than 0.5% (to 1,774) compared with the year ending March 2011 (at 1,770).
- In comparison, motor vehicle traffic levels have risen by 0.6% compared to the 12 month period ending March 2011.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments