Talk to our claims solicitors 01413336750 Make an enquiry


Have you been injured in an accident outside your home?

Slips, trips and falls refer to accidents which occur in public places: on the street, in the supermarket, in the hospital or in a playground; anywhere that was under someone else’s control.

Equally, an accident can occur on a person’s private property.  You may also be entitled to recover compensation for that.

Personal Injury Claims for slips and falls

Slips and trips are some of the most common causes of injury. If you have slipped or fallen outside your home, you may be able to claim compensation. If you are in a public or private place, it may be that the person or company in charge of that place owes you a duty of care. This means they have a responsibility, as far as is reasonably practical, to safeguard your health while you are under their control. Some examples of slips and falls that may lead to a personal injury claim are:        

  • Tripping over a loose manhole cover, kerbston or obstruction in the street.
  • Slipping on spilt or leaked produce in a supermarket.
  • Falling due to unsafe stairs or ladders
  • Tripping over goods left lying around
  • Being knocked over by improperly stored or stacked items.

Local authorities have a duty to maintain roads to a reasonable standard to help prevent accidents. Private organizations like supermarket chains are under a legal duty to look after your wellbeing. Obviously this does not mean that ALL trips and falls outside the home will result in compensation. However, if there is some blame which can be attached to the person who was responsible for the area in which you fell, then you may be able to claim compensation.

If you are an employee, you are protected by law. Your employer has a legal obligation under the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 to provide you with a safe working environment. This means they must take precautions against tripping or slipping injuries.

Contact our expert personal injury solicitors today regarding Accidents in Public Places

Dallas McMillan’s expert personal injury solicitors have significant experience of acting on behalf of people injured in public places. If you have been injured outside your home call us on 01413336750 or fill out our online enquiry form opposite.

Make an enquiry

Fill out the form below and one of our personal injury solicitors will be in touch.

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Did your accident happen in the last 3 years? Invalid Input
Was the accident your fault? Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input

Contact our Specialist Injury Claim Solicitors

Call us today on: 01413336750

What our clients say about us

"May I just say a very big thank you for the very kind, sensitive and professional way in which you have dealt with my claim."

Mrs A, Glasgow